Elwood 5566

HIT MY BUTTONS!

Posted in Uncategorized by 노강호 on August 1, 2011

Hit the buttons!

!!!!

ARE YOU SIMPLY GONNA POKE AROUND AND BUGGER OFF?

GO ON! LEAVE A COMMENT!

•••••

Post a comment!

Subscribe –  just press the link in the side bar!

Press the rating button on individual posts!

You have my unanimous magnitude and if you have a blog I will reward you…

For those that have left comments – thanks! ♥

Creative Commons License

© 林東哲 2010 Creative Commons Licence.

Advertisements

17 Responses

1. Hamish Nelson said, on September 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Nice stats Nick 🙂 I sometimes wish that more people would comment on mine too. Mine get posted to Facebook too…. actually sometimes I’m glad they leave their comments there.
    For those 42 people that felt that it was right to download your dictionary and not even say ‘thanks’ shame on them.
    Comments ‘good’ or ‘bad’ help.

2. Chris in South Korea said, on September 2, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I have the same problem – most of the time, people comment not to say thanks, but to state their opinion. Talking about a place they’ve never been or a thing they have no opinion about? No comments. It does reaffirm the 90% content consuming / 10% content-creating ratio I’ve heard.

Keep up the awesome work, buddy.

3. Mandy Nelson said, on September 4, 2010 at 8:13 am

Hi Nick, this is Hamish’s wife. I started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I really do enjoy it, especially your editorials about Korean culture. 🙂 Keep up the good work.

• Nick said, on September 4, 2010 at 11:02 am

Wow! Thanks Mandy. You comments are greatly appreciated!

4. Brandi said, on September 4, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I love this place. I’m sorry about not commenting before but I do love coming here. I hope you keep writing here it really does make my days. So thank you.

• Nick said, on September 4, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Brandi – thanks for your encouraging comments!

5. 343 said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:40 am

I’ll give you a comment, Nick. I love your blog, but your continual use of “Scumland UK” really grates on my nerves, and I’m not even a Brit!

I guess you are referring to an underclass, perhaps the so-called “chav”?

As I understand it, the size of this underclass was greatly increased by Thatcher’s policies in the 1980s.

Therefore “Scumland UK” strikes me being horribly reactionary and just another version of the “blame the victim” bollocks that passes for political debate in much of the western world.

Any chance of you phasing it out?

• Nick said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:13 am

Suffice to say,’ You’re in ‘Scumland,’ which could be any location, when society sacks the teacher who smoked a spliff while the cocaine snorting celebrity with a history of substance abuse is rewarded with an even bigger multi-million pound contract. Meanwhile, the population of that said location, rich and poor alike, don’t really have an opinion or aren’t angered – because values, in a state of valuelessness, no longer provide social cohesion and their ownership, validity and infringement of our individual rights, are continually debated. And you’re in ‘Scumland’ – any location, when the public turn a dimwit moron into a celebrity who then becomes a millionaire.

Thanks for your comments Tony. I’ve actually spent an hour responding but the issue is just too immense to go into here. I will seriously take your point into consideration. Hadn’t really thought of the role Thatcher has to play, but I will now. I guess my myopic perspective suggests most of the world could be classified ‘scum.’ What a depressing and hopeless conclusion! At least in Korea, at the moment, ‘values’ (often Confucian) offer more social cohesion but I do miss England, green fields, roast beef, moist air and the strains of Elgar.

• 343 said, on November 2, 2010 at 2:01 am

thanks, Nick, I didn’t expect such a thoughtful reply.

Some of your teaching experiences (in the UK) seem to be very similar to mine, and I wonder if we didn’t actually meet in Song-so one time. I lived there in 2001.

regards

-Tony

• Nick said, on November 2, 2010 at 2:24 am

I taught at Di Dim Dol near Lotte Burger – both now gone. Did you know Nana at all? He was from Ghana and was the only black guy you ever saw in Song So and probably one of the only in Daegu, apart from US servicemen. Thanks again.

6. 343 said, on November 4, 2010 at 8:29 am

Hmmm, I don’t know Nana, nor the school that you worked at. I guess we were strangers to each other then.
    I worked at Ding Ding Dang. Actually in jukjeon, but our boss had a branch in Songso as well.

• Nick said, on November 5, 2010 at 1:48 am

I knew the boss from there. Was she called Sunny?

• Tony said, on August 3, 2011 at 3:53 am

Yes, she was!

7. Jake@expathell.com said, on August 2, 2011 at 11:29 am

I’m guessing most of your regular readers are off enjoying their short summer breaks, sitting on the beach, as far away from an Internet connect as possible. When summer break ends and the mass of ESL teacher humanity floods back through the gates at Incheon, I’m sure comments and button pushings will increase.

Keep up the good work.

8. buzz KOREA said, on August 3, 2011 at 9:51 am

Hi,

I am writing on behalf of buzz KOREA to invite you to share your posts on our site.

Buzz KOREA is an online community site, run by Korean Tourism Organization, where bloggers freely produce and share diverse contents about Korean tourism and Korea in general. You can sign-up to share your blog postings with others and also look at a resourceful collection of information and stories on Korea.
    For more information, please visit our website:

In addition, I would also like to inform you of our “Real 「Touch Korea」 Season 1. Seoul Tour.”
    On Wednesday, August 17th, we are planning to invite bloggers in Korea for a tour around Seoul.
    The tour will guide you through the traditional Korean food culture of “Ssam,” a sightseeing tour of Bukchon Hanok Village, one of the popular dating sites, and an electrifying and rhythmical Samulnori lesson.
    If you would like to participate, you can fill out a simple form at the link below:

This will be a great chance to experience Korean culture and meet other Korea-based bloggers from abroad.
    We hope to share this wonderful opportunity with you.
    Please RSVP to event@ibuzzkorea.com to let us know whether you will be participating.
    Thank you.

All the Best,

buzz KOREA

• f5waeg said, on October 27, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Just came across this post, it came up when I was at the beach sorry mang. Read the blog, love it, keep posting about soothing sore cracks!

The Waeg