Skewered King Oyster Mushroom (새송이 산적)
Skewered mushrooms king oyster mushrooms (세송이) are delicious and easy to make. It’s a versatile side dish which can be adapted to suit vegetarians and lends itself to experimentation.
You will need:
1. Around 4 king oyster mushrooms
2. Half a pound of beef or pork (but I guess it could be prawns or chicken)
3. 4 table spoons of soy sauce
4. 2 tablespoons of sugar
5. a couple of chopped spring onions
6. chopped garlic
7. sesame salt (or salt and some toasted sesame seeds)
8. black pepper
1. Boil the mushrooms for a minute and then slice lengthwise about an eight of an inch thick.
2. Slice the meat the same way
3. Make a marinade of all the remaining ingredients and let mushrooms and meat stand in this for 2 hours.
4. Skewer meat and mushrooms alternately and broil them.
© 林東哲 2011 Creative Commons Licence.